Keep Moore County Beautiful
Serving the Citizens of Moore County
As A Non-Governmental Non-Profit Affiliate of Keep America Beautiful
What You Can Do At Home . . .
* Recycle as much as possible: Newspapers, cans, glass, aluminum, motor oil, scrap metal, etc.
* Look for recycled and environmentally safe products and packaging wherever you shop.
* Use reusable containers to store food.
* Install a water saving shower head.
* Have your water heater insulated.
* Burn only seasoned wood in your woodstove or fireplace.
* Try to used phosphate-free laundry detergent & soap.
* Avoid the use of household pesticides.
* Write to companies that send unwanted mail to have them take your name off their mailing list.
* Practice water and energy conservation.
* Increase your awareness of conservation issues.
What You Can Do At The Office . . .
* Use scrap paper for informal notes or messages.
* Print things on recycled paper.
* Reuse copier or printer paper when possible.
* Reuse manila envelopes and folders.
* Post memos and communications or route a single copy instead of making multiple copies.
* Start an office recycling program for paper, cardboard, aluminum, etc.
* Car pool or ride a bike to work.
* Copy on both sides of the paper.
* Use mugs instead of Styrofoam cups.
STATISTICS FROM OUR EVENTS:
Shredding Event Nov. 22, 2017:
Last year: 18,000
Household Hazardous Waste 2017:
Flammable Liquids 11,377 pds
Fluorescent tubes: 1520 pds
Paint: 26,004 pds
Batteries: 1665 pds
Find A Recycling Location!